Here’s a link to a trailer on his website:
Who cannot respect Tyler. His rags to riches story is phenomenal and truly the American Dream. He is quite the business mogul as well. I have taken note on a few of his moves.
- He produced state of the art African American films that are easily adaptable to the small screen. Keeping it clean pays off in more ways than one.
- He understands his audience and works with networks who also understand his audience and allow him the freedom to depict his culture the way he chooses.
- Here is one that lies under the surface of business growth yet makes all the difference in success – CHANGE. Change happens in two phases, but believe me, it is continual. Change is:
- Evolutionary – always happening; as fans grew for Tyler Perry’s movies their taste started to percolate as well. People started to say his movies, though wonderfully produced, were becoming predictable. Here comes the second kind of change…
- Revolutionary – who knew Tyler was obviously listening as out popped Precious and now the film adaptation of For Color Girls.
Tyler is great and I am sure there are more lessons we could all learn from his unique savvy profile! Linking it again…check out Tyler’s new film, For Colored Girls, coming to theaters in November….
http://www.tylerperry.com/_Movies/fcg/ – What do you think?!
NCFive17 – Lisa